Monday, June 7, 2010

a bad evening

it has been a very bad evening so far.he started yelling at me while he was doing his homework and kept hitting himself in the head so i reminded him of our new rules about time-out, 3 minutes for yelling or throwing and 5 minutes for punching, hitting, kicking or biting. he stopped hitting himself but kept yelling at me so i told him that he had to go in time-out for yelling at me and that just blew up into him hitting and punching and tried to bite me. it got so bad that i had to go and shut myself in the laundry room. i thought he calmed down so i came out and he was trying to get the remote off the top of the entertainment center. i took it and took the batteries out and told him that there was no tv until he did his 3 minutes of time-out. he went upstairs and started slamming his door and knocked part of the door frame out then came downstairs and started hitting me again. i decided to call and try to talk to his psychiatrist but they wouldn't put me through to her. they said that i need to take him to the hospital's behavioral ward and that if i couldn't drive him myself that i would need to call the police to take him and meet them there. i told david that i was calling the police and he got really scared and started crying and saying he was sorry. he sat with me in time-out for 3 minutes and we talked about what would happen if he had to go to the hospital and how he would have to sleep in a room all alone there and he got really sad and said "but who would feed me?" I told him that some special doctors would take care of him and that he wouldn't get to see mommy a lot. I just can't stand the thought of having the police take my baby away but if it comes down to it i will have to do it to keep him and myself safe. I hate seeing my little boy this way and i wish there was some way to get through to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment