Thursday, July 8, 2010

I wasn't expecting this!

Yesterday while discussing things with David's OT I was informed that David has mild dyslexia. I know that they talked about letter reversal while he was writing, but I guess it never registered that dyslexia was a possibility. I really wasn't prepared. It completely explains why his ready is so choppy and he gets frustrated when learning new words. I just wasn't expecting it. I just feel so bad for David because he is dealing with so much. I know that it really doesn't phase him much, but I hate to see him struggle with this much. I was going to post about this last night but I was still in a state of disbelief that I didn't know what to write. Time to move forward and make sure we are working on strengthening this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment