Sunday, September 12, 2010

Good Start to the Weekend

I can't believe how amazingly great Saturday turned out to be. David and I took Aunt Em to the Farmers Market. I told David before we left that he had to promise NOT to ask for any animals and he did. I also told him that if he was good at the market we would go to the ice cream parlor afterwards.

He really enjoyed being at the market and enjoyed looking at the kittens that the Animal Shelter had there. We went and got some strawberry jam, tomatoes, and peaches. David asked to go see the kittens again while I paid. Then he came back and start asking for a kitten. I reminded him about his promise and he said "I know but I really want one!" I told him no again and said that it was time to leave, when he replied "maybe we can come back tomorrow and get one. He asked if we could find out how much they were and I told him that they were free but that we can't get one. I could see that this had potential to head into a meltdown so I stressed the point that we had to go. He talked about it all the way to the car, but actually got in the car and buckled up without a fight.

So we headed home in a different direction of the ice cream parlor and he said "mommy we were suppose to get ice cream." I asked him if he thought he was good at the market and he said yes and I asked him if he kept his promise about not asking for an animal and he said no; so I told him that we couldn't go to have ice cream because he didn't keep his promise. His response was a sad "ok" and he left it at that which really surprised me. He was really good the rest of the way home.

He played with water hose and sprayer outside and had a blast. Afterwards he went upstairs by himself and started his shower and asked me to come and scrub his back. I didn't have to tell him to do anything. He decided to put his pajamas on for the rest of the afternoon and we all sat down to watch a movie. He played gently with his new parakeet and then carried his iguana around for awhile. He did really well eating lunch and dinner and asked to go to bed about 8:45. 

I have to say that I really think this medicine is working really well. I hope this behavior continues as he starts school on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment